Placements can be achieved on the same day as the referral is received if required or otherwise within 72 hours. We aim to resolve the primary need of housing as soon as we can, and then use our time to build strong, healthy, therapeutic relationships with our service users to support with any secondary needs that are identified.
People find themselves homeless or at risk of homelessness triggered by a range of secondary problems, from family breakdowns, fleeing domestic violence, substance misuse, mental health issues to offending behaviour.
Pegasus Supported Housing are trained advocates of providing a Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE), we recognise the challenges people have faced and use this to tailor our approach and empower individuals to achieve their goals.
The support we provide to help prepare for independence and a fulfilling future:
- Access volunteering and employment opportunities
- Maintain current tenancy
- Prepare for and access independent accommodation
- Maintain Recovery from substance misuse
- Maintain Recovery from mental health
- Maximise their income
- Help reduce debt and manage their personal budget
- Work towards reducing reoffending
- Support in using community resources and developing community networks
- Help with becoming tenancy ready